Best Place to Stay Ngorongoro Crater – Recommended Camps, Lodges and More
Ngorongoro Crater Places to Stay at Their Finest
This Crater is truly one-of-a-kind; it’s notoriously beautiful that it is bestowed as the world’s eighth wonder. Thanks to its abundance of ‘Big 5’ species and stunning landscape, it is a world-renowned wildlife viewing location. The Ngorongoro Crater is a must-see on any trip to northern Tanzania.
Because of its small size and widespread fame, the Crater is frequently overrun with tourists throughout the year. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting the Serengeti, we don’t advocate staying more than two days in the area beforehand. When it comes to the best place to stay in Ngorongoro Crater, options are ranging from resorts and camps, some of which are located on the rim of the Crater itself. Animals and nomadic Masai pastoralists could cohabit in this park, including the Crater, since it was established in 1959 as a multi-use area. Outside of the Crater, visitors are only authorized to drive in this conservation area and the surrounding highlands.
Many hotel alternatives are near the Ngorongoro Crater, but each has unique features and top-notch services. A few lodges perched on the Crater’s rim provide spectacular views of the Crater, although the variety is small and the rates tend to be higher. But the luxurious hotels are certainly priceless if you have the means to pay for them.
The Plantation Lodge in the Ngorongoro Highlands is our best place to stay if you’re prepared to forsake the lodge’s vistas and pay less.
List of the Recommended Ngorongoro Crater Places to Stay
It is possible to begin your safari in many facilities nearby Ngorongoro Crater or farther afield in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Our Best Places to Stay in Ngorongoro Crater have been listed below:
- The Ngorongoro Crater’s Lodge: is indeed one of the world’s best hotels. It’s a popular destination for tourists who want to see the Ngorongoro Crater from a unique perspective. &Beyond’s flagship property is a one-of-a-kind experience unlike anything else you’ll find in the north. For those who can afford it, you have to stay here! &Beyond describes it as “Masaai meets Versaille,” but we believe it’s over the top.
- The Entamanu Campground: Northern Ngorongoro Crater’s northwestern rim; the camp is unique in that it’s both off the leading avenue and perched directly on the rim, providing stunning views of the Crater and the Serengeti so ideal for sundowners. There’s no better place in the Crater to experience solitude and breathtaking vistas than this wild side.
- The Ngorongoro Kirurumu: For an unforgettable safari experience, look no farther than Kirurumu Ngorongoro Crater. This is a modest, intimate safari camp in stark contrast to the large, impersonal chains that dot the rim. It’s hard to beat the views, the guides, and the entire cost!
- The Ngorongoro Lemala Campground: There is some breathtaking wilderness around Lemala, albeit the views are not directly into the Crater, as the camp is located on the other side of the rim, surveying the Conservation area rather than the Crater itself. To sum things up: The original tents and rustic luxury of this Ngorongoro rim are a breath of fresh air.
- The Serena Lodges at Ngorongoro: This is a great alternative to the lack of lodging alternatives on the rim of the Crater because it allows easy access to the Crater while being fairly priced. It doesn’t have the ambiance of a small hotel in a well-known tourist destination. Nevertheless, why should it matter if you’re only staying for a couple of nights and the focus is on the Crater itself rather than the lodge’s style and decor? However, Plantation Lodge highlands is a wonderful alternative for those who want to get away and still be close to the action. The Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is another option if you seek one of Africa’s most sought-after hotels and can afford it.
- The Sopa of Ngorongoro: The Sopa Lodge is a terrific value and among the best places to stay in Ngorongoro Crater because it has the best rim views of any rim lodge and is reasonably priced. It’s not the prettiest place, but it has a function that accomplishes that job well. It’s on the eastern rim, so it’s secluded from the other lodges and has its road down to the crater bottom. It’s a great option for a one- or two-night stay, but if you’re looking for something with more character and charm, check out Plantation Lodge on the Ngorongoro highlands or the Manor or the Ngorongoro Crater Lodge if you’re looking for something a little more luxurious.
For more articles related to Wildlife Parks in Tanzania (Tanzania National Parks and Game Reserves), click here!