First National Bank of Tanzania – History, Ownership, Network and More
First National Bank of Tanzania (FNBT) operates as a Tanzanian commercial bank. It is among the commercial banks regulated by Tanzania’s national banking regulator, the Bank of Tanzania. It is a subsidiary of the FirstRand Group, which is situated in South Africa.
Tanzania’s FNBT is a minor commercial bank.
|Headquarters||Dar es Salaam|
|Products||Transaction accounts, Loans, Savings, Debit Cards Investments|
|Key people||CEO- Richard Hudson|
History of the First National Bank of Tanzania
Following the issuance of a commercial banking license by nation’s banking regulator and central bank, the Bank of Tanzania, the bank began operations in Tanzania in 2011 July. Its main branch and head offices are in Dar es Salaam, the country’s capital and biggest city.
First National Bank of Tanzania Ownership
By May 2012, the FirstRand Group, a multinational financial services business located in South Africa with operations in around ten Sub-Saharan African nations, as well as India and Australia, held 100 percent of FNBT shares. The group’s stock is traded on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) under the ticker FSR.
First National Bank of Tanzania Branch Network
By May 2012, the FNBT had branches in the following cities:
- Main Branch (operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Dodoma Branch (Coming Soon) – Dodoma
- Mbeya Branch (Coming Soon) – Mbeya
- Mwanza Branch (Operational) – Mwanza
- Arusha Branch (Operational) – Arusha
- Kimweri Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Mbezi Beach Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Sinza Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Kariakoo Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Industrial Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
- Peninsula Branch (Operational) – Dar es Salaam
For more articles related to Financial Services in Tanzania, click here!