Swahili Food Recipe: How to Make Bhajiyas the Tanzania Way
Soaked and crushed lentils are used to make bhajiyas.
It’s quite simple to create; simply follow the directions below.
Bhajiya Recipe – Ingredients
- One cup of Chana Dal (brown broken chickpeas\lentil)-Kunde.
- One Onion
- One red chilli pepper
- 4 cups of coriander/cilantro-giligilani leaves
- 2 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Salt to get the taste
- Deep-frying oil
How to Make Bhajiyas
- Rinse the Chana Dal and soak it in normal water for two hours before draining it fully. Wash and filter away as many of the peels as possible, then wash and add more water numerous times until the grains are spotless as well as the water is clean
2) Finely chop coriander\cilantro leaves and set aside with the chilli\onions.
3) In a food processor or grinder, combine the chana dal, salt, chilli pepper flakes and baking powder. – Only add water if absolutely necessary, and then only a tsp at a time till you can conveniently grind the entire mixture.
4) Blend for an additional twenty seconds after adding the sliced Onion and chilli, as well as the cut coriander leaves.
5) Pour the Bhajiyas into a mixing basin and thoroughly mix. If required, adjust the salt and form the dough into little balls.
6) Heat the oil in a frying skillet over a moderate flame.
Then, using just your fingertips, select little balls of batter and carefully drop the balls into the heated oil. Deep fry till gold-like brown as well as crispy in hot oil.
7) Take out the oil and place it on a platter lined with napkins to absorb any excess oil.
Serve the Bhajiyas when still hot with chutney made from coconut.
For more articles related to Tanzania Food Recipes, click here!