Swahili Food Recipe: The Popular Uji wa Ulezi (Millet Porridge – Ulezi in English)
- 3 tbsp millet flour (ulezi)
- one and a half cups of water
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt (plain) (optional)
- 2 tbsp of blueband (optional)
- honey (about 3 tbsp.)
- Fill your sufuria with water and continue to cook till it boils.
- Meanwhile, in a small cup, combine your flour and a tiny bit of cold water until thick paste forms.
- Mix this into the hot boiling water.
- Put in your natural yoghurt/Blue band while you’re mixing. Don’t stop stirring. Whisk in the sweetener [honey] and continue to mix until the mixture thickens.
- Turn down the flame to low and cook for twenty to twenty-five minutes.
- Take the Ulezi porridge off the heat.
- Place on a plate and garnish with your favourite toppings, such as chopped onions, fresh fruits and so on.
- Enjoy the Ulezi Porridge
For more articles related to Tanzania Food Recipes, click here!