Swahili Food Recipe: Beef Vegetable Samosa Recipe from Tanzania
What is Vegetable Samosa?
Tanzanian snacks that combine herbs and veggies with beef, similar to samosas.
Our Samosa vegetable recipe recommends the time to cook as 30 minutes Plus
Vegetable samosa calories (kcal): 188kcal
0.3 g sodium
This recipe vegetable samosa nutrition information is for just one serving.
Yields twenty pieces
What’s In Vegetable Samosa?
|Vegetable Samosa Ingredients (Servings: Five).|
|ground beef 200 g (7 oz.).|
|spring rolls wrappers in squares (tiny, approximately 15 cm (6 in.) on a side) 10 wrappers.|
|Onion (minced) 100 g (3.5 oz.).|
|Garlic (grated) 1 clove.|
|celery (with leaves, if you want; minced) 3 to 4 cm (1 – 1-1/2 in.).|
|fresh ginger (grated) 12 to 15 g (about 1/2 oz.).|
|green onions (finely sliced) 8 stalks.|
|Parsley (minced) leaves all from 1 large stalk.|
|garlic chives (finely sliced) 25 g (1 oz.).|
|salt 1/4 teaspoon.|
|salad oil as needed.|
|black pepper to taste.|
|Kikkoman Soy Stew 2 teaspoon.|
|oil for frying as needed.|
|(A) Sealing paste.|
|cake flour 2 Tablespoon.|
|water 2 to 1/2 Tablespoon.|
How to Make Vegetable Samosa
- In a mixing dish, combine the samosa vegetable; parsley, chives, and green onions; season lightly with salt and leave aside for ten minutes. Wipe any liquid away using a cloth.
- In a very large pan, warm the oil, then put in the garlic and onions and cook until soft. Stir in the meat until it is thoroughly combined with the garlic and onions. Mix in the pepper, celery, soy sauce, and ginger. To prevent the veggies from giving off too much liquid, add (one) and simmer on low heat. Remove from the oven and cool quickly on a very flat surface, like a tray.
- To produce triangles, split the spring rolls wrappers in half diagonally. To make a paste, combine (A).
- Form a unique cone shape by folding the triangles in the center of the diagonal. Fill the sack with 2 to 3 teaspoons of (2) and pack it tightly. Use the paste to seal the edges of every pouch. Repeat till all of the pouches are full.
- Fry pouches in hot oil till they are golden brown, about 170°C (340°F).
For more articles related to Tanzania Food Recipes, click here!