Swahili Food Recipe: Tanzanian Half Cake Ideas the Right Away
Components for Half Cake Recipe
- 2 cups of flour [all-purpose]
- 2. 1/2 cup sugar (increasing to your desired taste)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp margarine/unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Two whisked eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds (liki)
- A frying oil
Step by Step Instructions to Prepare Half Cake
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, iliki, baking powder, and sugar) into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and knead it in thoroughly to get a fine crumb mixture (See the images below)
- Make a hole in the centre and pour in the vanilla and eggs.
- Add the cream, combine well, and mix for five minutes to make a dough that is elastic, soft, and does not adhere to your hands.
- After forming a batter ball, place it in a basin, cover it, and set aside for forty minutes to rise. (As an example, see the image below.)
- Flour your work surface lightly and arrange the dough on it. Roll out the batter using a rolling blade to get a disc shape.
- Slice it into square\diamond shapes and set them on a floured baking tray.
- In a frying half a sheet cake pan, heat the oil (moderate to low heat).
- Gently drop the square bits into the boiling oil, being careful not to overcrowd the frying pan. Cook until the bottom is gold-like brown, then flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- Take out the half cakes from the pan and place them on a clean cloth to absorb any residual oil.
- Take out the oil from the fire before putting in the next set of half cakes [squares], allowing it to cool slightly before adding more squares to cook.
- Once all of the batches have been fried, the half cakes are ready to serve with milk, tea, and soda.
For more articles related to Tanzania Food Recipes, click here!