Swahili Food Recipe: Tanzanian Version of Fish Kebabs (Croquettes)
My mom isn’t a big fan of fish, so we didn’t eat it very much when I was a kid. Considering that I was raised up on the coast, where there was plenty of fish, it was really a sad situation. Fortunately, I grew up and eventually took control of my personal kitchen. I have a number of fish dishes that can be used to convert non-fish eaters and one of them is the fish kebabs.
Here’s one of quick and simple fish kebab recipes dish that’s perfect for your kids’ lunchboxes, a snack, or a meal paired with rice and gravy.
I sincerely hope you enjoy it as often as I have.
Best Fish for Kebab and Mixture of Tuna
- 1 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion, shredded
- one teaspoon of paprika de Espana
- one teaspoon turmeric
- One teaspoon of cumin powder
- Chilli powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Tuna steaks, 250 grams
- two lemons, juiced
- one teaspoon of salt
Extra Ingredients in the Recipe for Fish Kebabs
- Two mashed potatoes.
- Two tablespoons of coriander, roughly sliced.
- Bread crumbs.
- Two lightly whisked eggs
- Oil for frying
Fish Kebab Recipe – How to Make Fish Kebabs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir thoroughly. Ensure the tuna pieces are thoroughly spiced.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the cooker and leave to cool.
- Combine the crushed potatoes and coriander in a separate bowl, then scatter the tuna in large pieces into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and add one squeeze or 2 of lemon juice. Taste to see whether the amount of lemon and salt is sufficient.
- Grab a bunch of the potato-tuna mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with the remaining kebabs.
- Roll the formed kebab in the breadcrumbs after dipping it in the egg
- Continue until all of the components have been lightly breaded and formed.
- In a semi-deep saucepan, heat the oil.
- Put in the fish kebabs and cook till golden brown over medium heat.
- Drain on kitchen paper
- Enjoy the fish kebabs
We hope this fish kebabs recipe has been straightforward and simple for you!
For more articles related to Tanzania Food Recipes, click here!